Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A Sip of Melancholy

I've gotten a few calls about the article. Mainly friends and one customer who was upset I hadn't called her to tell her about my book. It was an oversight and to be honest, I'm not going to 'spam' my clients about my book.

One of my friends said, "now you'll get a husband for sure." I cracked up. Just because she's married, she thinks no one can be complete until they tie the knot. After we hung up, I fell into a melancholy. Not because I'm not married, but because so many put such an emphasis on commitment and love that they fail to realize there might be other areas of life that are just as 'wonderful' as love.

Then I started wondering if I put to much emphasis on seeking other aspects of life to fulfill me than turning to love, like my writing and my art...like my journey of self-discovery. In turning from the quest of love have I let the pathway to it become gnarled with weeds and vines? Parts of me say YES that I have done that and may never find my way through it. Another sip of Melancholy.

But before I can drink the whole bottle a strong voice inside says, "Oh don't fret. You are building strength along your journey and when the time comes to take the path to love, you'll have the power and the courage to rip away the obstacles along Love's pathway."

Time to remember this... 'quit listening to friend's who don't understand that.'

No comments: