Thursday, May 12, 2005

Another Thursday

Looks like another Thursday's almost gone! How about if I make it an acroustic Thursday!

A 200 yr-old law about couples living together in NC has been in the news recently. It seems that NC could fine the 144,000 couples $1,000 and give them a 60 day stay in jail--separate cells I assume. I doubt they'll go that far. But it brings into focus those old laws we ignore. I'm all for bringing the one that says its against the law to spit on the sidewalks. Think of the money NC could make and how sparkling free our streets would be of spit.

Never tell an independent brainy woman that she doesn't understand how men think! Believe me I do! and it would be with my crotch first....my brain second.

Opalrose.com is my website. Here's some trivia... Opal is my birthstone...Rose is my middle name.

The UPS guy who delivers stuff to the studio, does not believe I wrote the poems in my book. He says that I am a 'arter' and not a 'poeter' ... I've come to the conclusion that it's not what Brown can do for me...its what I can do for him...Like pay for night school classes in grammer.

Harry Potter 6 will soon give some magic to those that read the books. Which reminds me...I need to read them again. Live the magic, baby.

Example...my mother keeps telling me to be a good 'example' for my nephews. I asked recently "An example of what?"

Railroad! I cross one to get to and fro my house. The area I cross is right by the station. CRX or whatever the name of the company is. It carried Freight. Many times in the afternoon they are working on the cars. When they do this the warning lights are going off. I edge my truck up and look to see if a train is coming...if not...I drive across. No more will I be able to do this! They put up a guard rail! I'm at their mercy. Do they see the tracks of my tears?


This Sunday is the annual Cox family reunion--my mom's paternal side. Fun time in the county! So far I've not had to deal with relatives trying to make a date with me.

Had an interesting conversation with my truck radio today. Yea, it was one-sided but I think I got my message through. I'm tired of it playing cool songs when I park the truck and I'm late for work.

Uranus..William asked what it meant. We were watching Jimmy Neutron. I told im the truth...it was a planet. Now...why do these opportunities for great come back lines happen when I'm talking to a 6-yr-old kid?

Red is not my favorite color of for roses. Pink is.

Sex and the City was once my all time favorite show to watch over and over. But since it went into Cableland, they've cut out the best parts. Now I love watching Curve your Enthusiasm. I've seen the seasons on DVD at least 3 times. Larry David...he's a riot. My favorite episode is the last one for season 3. Fuckshitbitchcuntprickasshole

Dad's favorite joke to tell peope when they ask why he doesn't have a photo on display of himself at the studio is..."When I put my picture up, people send me get-well jokes." Wish I had a $100 for every time I heard that joke. I would be owner of a small tropical island and thus proclaim myself "Goddess of the Tropics."

As of this second 6 people have called me ma'am today. Time to wash away some gray.

Yams. I hate them. I am Yam free. And Yam-intolerant.

No comments: