Friday, May 20, 2005

And...



now...I'll do a Professor Dumbledore and give some words for Friday: "peppermint, asphalt and sneezing." (guess you have to be a Harry Potter READER to know what I mean.)

To think in another 12 days or so, we'll officially be in our 6th month of the year. Where has it gone? Time is flying so fast.

Man, I am sooo tired today. Dragging my rear on the floor tired. It's all rainy and nasty out, too.

Turned down a date for Sat night with a guy I casually dated a few years ago. Last time we went out, we had dinner. I sat at the table and listened to him talk about his work. All conversation had to be directed to him and his views on things. A shallow man with a shadowy mind! I sat thinking, "Come on...give me something... spark my mind...I need a brain orgasm." Got zip. Dribble Dribble Dribble... I hid my yawn yawn yawn behind my water glass.

I'm not looking for marriage or even a serious relationship... jeez...it's hard to find a great conversationalist...I shutter at the marriage/relationship prospects that are lurking in the wings. Phew...glad I like my own company.

Big debate at the studio... Dad wants to follow the other photographers in the area and go to complete Digital photography. I object. We're the last 'film' studio. Not everyone likes digital prints. We should work the film angle. No one else is doing it. Plus Dad's too old to start a new system. He reads books on digital photography but can't grasp the actual concepts of how it all works. He's armed with a little knowledge and that spells danger... He doesn't understand that a CD and DVD drive aren't the same. He doesn't understand the jpg file or how to download stuff. I could go on and on but... it exhausts me. Talking to him about it exhausts me... hey maybe that's why I'm tired.

The CSI finale kicked ass last night. I thought it was awesome. I actually cried at the end. Glad no one was watching it with me. The guy who plays Nick Stokes does a great job. He's not afraid to cry. I believe the 2 hours it was on were the fastest I've ever known while watching a show. That says a lot. I've seen 1 hour shows where I thought...man, will this never end? When you invest time in them, you feel obligated to watch all the way through.

No comments: