Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday is Sunday

...meaning its sunny out.

And hot. I think we're at 85 F. I've got my fan going and have to say I'm glad this place is drafty.

Talk about a hectic week. I was glad to see Sunday get here. People tend to wait to the last minute to get pictures copied. And I can't count how many called Friday about orders that weren't requested for Mother's Day. But I anticipated that. So I wasn't caught off guard.

Too make matters worse, my old shoulder injury from 94 came back to haunt me this week. I rushed home Thurs in agony. I could barely move my arm and there was mass swelling around my shoulder and up to the side of my neck. I dropped by the drugstore and got some of those thermacare heatwraps. I swear they are miracle workers. 8 hours of heat. After four nights of them, I feel better today. There is swelling but no pain.

Mother's day was nice. Lots of sunshine. I did most of the cooking and it was well-received. My sister made some sort of strawberry glaze to go over cake. I swear it had caster oil in it. It totally SUCKED.

Before we got together, my sister called that morning to ask if I had something or other. William got on the phone and said all in one breath, "Aunt Sherrie We're having a celebration today. There are songs to sing about families. You have a part. Do you know it? We are celebrating today. My tooth came out. I need another baby tooth but the tooth fairy won't leave me one. I'm getting $90."

Oh man I lost it. I said, "yes dear, it is good to dream."

Now... I am goofing off online, trying to catch up on email I didn't get a chance to write. And blogging... however did I survive without it last week!

No comments: