Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Belly Dancing with Snakes?

I'm at a cross-road with my belly dancing.

I can continue to use it as a form of exercise or I can begin the task of refinement--of specializing in a certain style. Last week after our buns class was over (gotta have the booty, baby, if you're gonna shake, rattle and roll), Barbara our instructor pulled me aside and told me that I was at the fork in the belly dancing road...should I continue on this path or should I hone my skills.

Barbara is a sword dancer. She dances with a very sharp sword, made especially for dancers. I've seen her performances and there's no way I have enough discipline to learn how to dance with a sword on my head, or boobs or hips or legs or chin.... and so on. Nor would I do well with the cane. I can see me wholloping myself with it. ...

She suggested that I become a snake dancer. I laughed and said, "Those I know."
She replied, "Sherrie, I mean a reptile."

Oh... those I don't know. If I got a snake, my brother would move to California. He's that afraid of them...

So I guess I'll just be a Belly-dancercise girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about veils... ?

Jo

Painter Lady said...

yea... veils are more my forte..maybe I'll get one embroidered with snakes on it... then I can say I'm snake dancing.

:)