Thursday, August 18, 2005

Miscellaneous This and Thats



~My mother is the Queen of Spiel. She tells me the same things over and over and over. “Water the flowers.” “Don’t open 2 cereal boxes at the same time.” “Put the milk in the back of the fridge, so it won’t spoil.” “Don’t keep the blinds open at night.” “Don’t let the boys jump on the furniture.” The list goes on…if she can’t tell me, she’ll leave it on the answering machine or on a post-it note. I’m over 40 and she thinks I need instructions on how to run my house.

How do I cope? I ignore her when she’s spieling. Which has its drawbacks…because I miss important stuff in the mix. Stuff like “Don’t forget you have to keep the boys Thurs (tonight) and take them to school the next day. We (the daycare she and my sister work at) have a workshop until 10:30 am.”

When I expressed surprise, she said “I’ve been telling you for weeks. Haven’t you been listening?”

Note to Self: Instead of ignoring Mom, go into a half-listening mode. That way you’ll be quicker to catch important stuff.

~Yahoo has a lovely option in the email accts. Colors… lovely colors for the inboxes. I went for boring blue to a lovely goldenrod. Brightens my inbox and I don’t mind that I have no email except spam… I joyfully delete it, basking in the rays of sunshine emitting from the page.

~Spam… speaking of it…I got the most unique piece last week from Kaplan Cruz. The subject was “Seimen generator: No dribble guarantee.” Oh Kaplan, you squirmy spammer!

~Today is one of those days where I hate my bra. The under wire is warped and my breasts are in a mood to revolt. I’ve half a mind to get a permit and protest the evils of bras in the downtown plaza. Or better yet…have a bra burning…who’s with me? (yes, we’ll take them off first.) *Edit: Forget the bra burning today...it's finally raining heavily. We'll try tomorrow. There's always tomorrow said another famous Southern Belle Scarlett O'Hara....Or was that Little Orphan Annie? I get my chicks mixed up.

~Just realized I haven’t had a J of Sunshine today.

~I have a pink teddy bear that lays on its tummy on top of my monitor, watching me work. I put a button through his head that says “Keep Lumberton Clean and Green.” It looks like a hat. He doesn’t look happy at all. Sad beady eyes starting at me. Maybe I should remove it before the Stuffed Toy section of PETA comes after me.

~Sometimes I’m amazed that I can find nothings to write about.

No comments: