Monday, August 08, 2005

The Beguiled

I watched the Beguiled yesterday. Clint Eastwood at his finest. I remember it in 1971 or 72. My mom wouldn't let me watch it, but my older step-sisters did. She said it was too adult for a 9/10 yr old. I agree now that I've seen it as an adult.

It's set in the "War between the States" era. Clint's a wounded wiley yank, who is found my an innocent 12 yr-old whom he claims is 'old enough for kisses.' She drags him to the Girls' School she's living at and they take him in to mend until he's well enough to survive the Rebel prison camps. The moment he's there, he becomes the carnal cravings of most of the girls and teachers. He knows how to play on their suppressed sexuality.

But there's one thing, old Wiley Yank didn't realize...he should never fuck with Southern women. Because the consequences could be death.

No comments: