Monday, August 01, 2005

HelloOOooo August

Well, the once-a-month-drivers are out. So beware of blue-haired ladies and crinkly old men on the road, forgetting to use turn signals and stopping on Green.

The weekend was nice. Lisa's birthday was yesterday. Dad's is tomorrow, so we celebrated it at a nice seafood restaurant yesterday. Then came home and had coffee. Nice day. The nephews did great, though William didn't want to go in at first. He said it was a hospital. My sister doesn't take him out to many places because he has a hard time with "new" things. It took both of us to talk to him and calm him down. Luckily she brought the portable DVD player. She turned it on and he sat down right away. Poor guy... I feel for him. It looks as if he's being a spoiled brat but he's not...he's having problems adjusting to something new. It's part of his autism. Strangers trying to talk to him only make it worse. My heart aches when I see him like this...not understanding why we have to do something "New." I hope and pray his 1st grade teacher will be patient with him.

When we got home, I made coffee and we all hung out for a while. Lisa and I had a talk with Dad about his smoking and not eating like he should. He had BBQ Sat and later had a episode with his heart. And indigestion on top of that! Before he left he said, "I should get my new prescriptions filled." I wanted to knock his block off. He got those Thurs and here it was Sunday... he should have been taking them.

Today, he complained for an hour when I got in. Kept asking me questions about his medicines and why he woke up every morning at 5 am with chest pains, etc. I said, "Dad, you should have asked your doctor, these questions." I always ask questions. If the doctor speaks in a foreign lanuage like..."Doctor" ...I keep asking things until I get an answer I understand.

Ok, enough worries over this. I'm so stressed and tense, you could bounce quarters off my shoulders.

1 comment:

Jo said...

perhaps you should be bouncing quarters off your dads head... just a thought...