Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Eyes have It

Presbyopia... a natural part of aging was a semi-topic in an email from my friend Jeff. For anyone who doesn't know what I'm referring too...it's the condition over 40 people get when they have to get reading glasses to read fine print. I have enough Presbyopia--a small degree of it--to totally throw off my Myopia (near-sightedness) last year. It took forever to get my lenses right. I can't get regular reading glasses because each eye is different. So we had to find the right formula for my glasses to work with both conditions.

My mom just got contacts for reading. She's lamenting over the difficulties of putting them into her eyes. I can relate. I had contacts from 83 to 96. Stopped wearing them due to eye allergies. During my ECU years, when I would lose one, I wouldn't go to clubs wearing my glasses. My friends would fuck with me, especially Susie... She would tell me a cute guy from across the bar at Rafters was motioning for me to go over there. I would go around the bar to see what he wanted only to find he hadn't motioned for me nor was he cute. Or I would say "hey that looks like so and so" and she would say "You're right, go talk to him." I would go over only to find out it wasn't the person...lol... Then when it was someone I knew, I wouldn't go talk to them because I thought Susie and the others were playing a trick on me... Oh those old days crack me up...

I had my contacts in the first time I saw DJ JD, spinning records at Rafters and he wasn't a trick of my vision. He really is one of the best DJs in NC ...Shhhh.... don't tell him though.

No comments: