Friday, August 12, 2005

Blackwell Farms

Since Wed night, I've been listening to it on Audio CD. It's a book by Anne Rice...one of the vampire books. Quite good actually. If I really thought about it I would take the title as a sign of what happened after work yesterday.

Before I left work, I stopped in the restroom. Brushed my hair and applied some bold colored lipstick. This summer I've stuck with the pastel pink glosses. Decided to stop by the post office. While I sat in the truck, looking for the key to my box, I saw a guy walk by. Instantly I recognized him as a guy I went to Jr. High and High School with. But he had sunglasses on and his hair was salt & pepper..more pepper than salt. I thought I could be confused, so didn't try to hail him.

Went in and opened my box. Got the mail out and suddenly he was beside me. He stopped, looked over his shades at me with those piercing blue eyes I remember so well and said, "Either I'm halluconating or having a Flashback or It's Shere P.."

I smiled. "Hey David B_well."

In school, he had a tendency to tease us girls by making up nicknames. His blunt comments and opinions were always funny to me because I knew he meant them, even if they made everyone else laugh, thinking he was joking. I knew he wasn't. We talked for 20 mins. I realized he hadn't changed that much.

I hadn't seen him since 95/96. SO we caught up on things. He asked if I had gotten married. I said no... that I was the old maid of OHS. He said he was the old bachelar.

A little on his background: In the 11th grade he impregnated a classmate. After the child (a girl) was born, they lived together for a few years but never married. He lived with another woman for 8 years but they broke up a few years ago. He still sees her kids once a month. He told me that people think he's crazy for continuing to be a presence in their life. He says "I helped raise those kids and I love them. I'm the only father they've ever had." Needless to say, that impressed me.

We talked about people we knew in high school, I told him about Tommy and how he thought I should still be a quiet mouse like I was in high school. David said, "He's stupid. Doesn't he realize you're a woman now, and not a child." When he said that... he loooked me over....pink-polished toes to head, his eyes resting on my lips.

It was then I realized how close he had moved to me and that there were sparks flying... when he asked if he could call or come by soon. I said yes....

I haven't felt instant sparks like that in a long time. Like I wrote earlier...it's time to clip the Doug strings and soar.

No comments: