Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Who Shot the Sun out?

Haven't seen it in a while. Would be ok if we were getting rain... but we aren't at least not when I look outside. The rain could be hiding from me, like the sun seems to be doing.

Taken in a lot of new work this week. I'm unusually busy for October. Since the holidays are almost upon me, I'm trying to get ahead so I can deal with the holiday rush I know I'll get.

Had the most problems yesterday and today with pop-up windows when I logged online. I use yahoo's taskbar and it gets some but not all and I also use the POW pop-up blocker--it will get what yahoo misses, which is a lot. I ran all my spyware remover programs. None found any hidden malware. I updated the yahoo spyware tool and it found 2 things. I removed them and (knock on wood) the pc is stable. Funny how the yahoo spyware tool doesn't find things until you update it.

November is National Novel Writing Month. I have to make up my mind very soon about doing the NaNoWrMo.org project--which is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days starting Nov 1 and ending at midnight on Nov 30. My question to myself is...'do I have a novel lurking within?'

I started one last year but haven't gotten back to it.. it was an intricate story that couldn't be rushed. So I didn't finish it. Hmmmm guess I'll make up my mind in the next week or so...

Seth leaves next Tues. He's driving to Virginia to visit his parents and will be back Friday. He wants to go to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. I gave a breathless "Yes," which made his day. I said, "Don't worry. I'll send you off in style." ;) and I will.

My brother's finally 100%. His only complaint is about playing cowboys and indians with Ben. John still has his little plastic figures from the old days of childhood and he and Ben play with them. John doesn't mind playing with Ben, what he minds is how they're in the middle of a battle and Ben insists that they stop and go to a make-believe Walmart to buy bullets, arrows and ice cream. Then on the way back to the battle, they stop at McDonald's for happy meals. John said, "That's not right, Sher Bear...it's not right!"

Dad has lost a set of negatives. I think he's misfiled them under the wrong name...guess I'll go investigate... now if the ghost has them...they won't turn up until he askes for them.

3 comments:

Jo said...

The sun is here with me paying amongst the rain drops...

S.S. said...

Sher Bear huh?

:)

Painter Lady said...

hey Jo... I'll give you back the colonies, if you'll send some sunshine my way!

Sandra... yea..that's my nickname..what's yours? come on..share...lol

:)