Monday, October 24, 2005

B-day Dinner & a Hooker Tangent

It is chilly and rainy today. I was sort of shocked to see the rain beating on a bucket I have outside the carport. Totally threw off my morning. Then on the way to work, I saw a rare sight... as I was heading towards town (at about ¼ mile from the city limits), a gray car heading away from town. Right before it met me, it pulled off the road and a blonde got out and slammed the door hard as she could. The car sped off... she had on a neon pink tube top and low rise jeans...long wavy blonde hair. She was totally pissed. She flipped him off with both hands and started towards town. I’ m guessing a hooker—mainly from her attire and from the way the guy sped away. As I passed her I thought of picking her up because it was drizzling rain but I didn't. Fear of getting car jacked or robbed or killed kept me from it... but as I glanced in my rearview mirror at her, I noticed that her boobs were huge. Sooooo I figured they would get to town 20 minutes before she did and could call a cab to pick her up.

Before I dive into the weekend news, I want to thank Sarah hb and Sandra for their birthday wishes and also those of you who emailed me or left offlines or sent egreeting cards. Thanks so much for remembering me.

When I got home Saturday, I was stunned to see that Mom had the food prepared! She grilled two chickens, cooked rice with chicken broth, corn-on-the-cob, biscuits and some green beans. The table was set. My presents were lined up on the desk. Lisa had put balloons up and Ben took my hand to lead me to each one, telling me their names. (I was tickled to see that I’m rubbing off on him). I noticed something else. He’s started calling me “Aunt Sherrie” instead of “Sher-dee.” His speech is improving.

The people attending were Mom, her John, my brother John, Lisa, the boys, my cousin Alan from Florida and me. The men were engrossed in talking about Politics and then sports. I was relieved, because my cousin likes to tease me. Mainly because I always have a come-back. Things went well until the birthday cake cutting.

The b-day cake was chocolate. I asked for a homemade chocolate cake last year and got one of those bakery made ones. This year I asked for a bakery cake and got a chocolate one. Yea…sometimes reverse psychology does work. William helped Mom put the chocolate icing on it. He told her to put sprinkles on the ‘Family’ side but not to put any on ‘His’ side. I noticed his side was larger.

Lisa was trying to decide how many candles to put on the cake. Cousin Alan said “29, because that’s the age women stop at.” I said to ask Ben. He’s been assigning us ages for the last two years. Usually we’re all his age or a few fingers from one hand. So I asked, “How old am I, Ben?” He thought long and hard, then said, “16.” Which made everyone laugh. I said, “Come here, sweetie. Give me a hug. Aunt Sherrie loves you. You’re her favorite boy.” To remind me of my age, Alan said “Put 4 candles on the cake. One for every decade.”

We did and Ben helped blow them out. I racked up on gifts this year. Last year was a $$$ money and card year. I got a new CD/radio/cassette player. This one plays CD R/RW, too. Got a new handbag, earrings, and poetry books...just to name a few.

It was so much fun that everyone was lingering and I had to get ready to go out. Finally everyone was gone by 6:30, which left me with less than an hour to get ready for “Hen’s Night Out.”

No comments: