Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Green-vegas Bound...

I'm psyched about my G-ville trip. It looks like I'll get there early afternoon and meet my old pal Darin for a late lunch. He had a heart attack last year--he's my age. He lives in a town close by G-ville and works at the QVC warehouse in Rocky M. He works Sundays. I haven't seen him in ten years. We've keep in touch. Used to write but now with email and yahoo messenger, we go the easy route. My flavor of humor zooms over his head. It usually takes him 10 to 15 minutes before what I say sinks in. For his sake, we're just doing a late lunch. I don't think he can handle much more.

After that, I'm going over to Dave's. He is engaged and his fiancee` wants me to do some Tarot readings. I warned Dave that I've been dead on the money with my last few readings, and maybe she should rethink me doing some for her. In fact, I was so dead on, I refuse to do one for myself now. Anyway, we're hanging out at their house for a while.

I'm thinking of getting a hotel room, because they smoke at his house and I'm not sure I can hang there all night long. My lungs aren't 100% yet and I can see me getting a serious sinus headache.

Sunday is for Joyce. We're still trying to figure out what to do and what time to do it. Her parents fly in from Florida at 4. Knowing Joyce, we won't firm anything up until Thursday or Friday.

I'll probably try to visit a few other people while I'm there. My brother won't be home Sunday. So I won't have to rush back and tend to him.

I do know one thing...it will be nice to get away for a while.

No comments: