Thursday, March 10, 2005

Thurdsday?

Why does it feel like Monday or Tuesday?

I've had a bad day... mainly due to my printer. I wish you could have seen the look I just gave it, which melted the words off the front. One day I'll be able to give Hewlett Packard a piece of my mind... I'm biding my time. Like all Scorpios do.

~ ~ ~

Mom is still at my house. She's got a bad case of the flu. Actually is off until Monday. I hope she'll be well enough to go back to her place in a few days. I know when she leaves, my TV won't work right--its staying on the Hallmark and Lifetime channels while she's here.

She's had a terrible cough the last few days and I encouraged her to take some cough medicine I bought when I was sick last month. She finally gave in and had some. Her face was priceless... the taste is horrible but the medicine works. She kept saying it was the most foulest thing she had ever tasted. That it was worse than that cough medicine she made us take when we were kids.. (Vicks 44 or something like that).

I turned to her and said, "It will make you feel better."

She gave me a 'mom look' and said, "Now you're quoting me."

Can we say poetic justice? lol I remember her pouring that nasty cough medicine down our throats.

~ ~ ~ ~

It seems a friend of my fair-weather friend Bonnie saw me at dinner with David..I mean Danny the editor. I guess not everyone knows he and his wife are separated and considering a divorce. I didn't see the girl and to be honest, I don't know many of Bon's friends. So if I did see her, I probably didn't place her. But she knew me...and Danny. She called Bonnie and naturally Bonnie called me. She can't believe I am having a 'solicited' affair...took me a while to realize she meant 'illicit'... I pretended to be insulted by her saying I was soliciting dates as if I were a hooker. lol.. always fun to fuck with her head.

She didn't believe me when I said it was an innocent dinner date, discussing my poetry book. For the third time, she asked me when did I write a poetry book. It's funny how some people are so wrapped up in their own warped world...yea I guess we all are to an extend but I like to think I know what's going on around me.

To think she actually admires me for 'seeing a married man.' I adamantly denied the affair...but that didn't stop her from hitting the gossip circuit. I've gotten a few calls from concerned friends, who think I shouldn't see a married man...that it could hurt my reputation...lol... oh man... such a mess... one person telling the wrong person and ...boom..rumors are bountiful.

Hey... where's my Scarlet A? I wonder if its available in other colors?

No comments: