Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Sunny Tuesday

The sun reappears finally.
Yesterday was cold and gloomy. I am congested again, so when I got home I took some cold medicine and was in bed by 8. Slept til midnight and woke up totally. I couldn't go back to sleep until 5 am.

So I worked on editing a short story for a contest --the deadline is March 31. I didn't have to do much to it...just strengthen some of the sentences.

After that I listen to some music on my CD player... usually it puts me to sleep--I have some 'meditation' tunes. But not last night...wide awake. I opened my bedside table to get a book out to read but instead of a book I found my Tarot cards. I thought of my friend Marilyn...and decided it was time for readings.

I did one for her and a few others. I forgot to bring them to work though...they're on a piece of paper I stuck in one of my Pablo Neruda books. I've made a note to send them tonight.

Did one for myself..its pretty much on target. I think I'll post it here tomorrow.

I was still wide awake so I pulled out "Cabinet of Curiosities" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I love their books..they tend to entwine various characters from different story lines and it lends a more interesting story. I do love Special Agent Pendergast.

Also joined an Audio CD book club. It's much like NetFlix. You pay X amount each mount for unlimited books on CD. I am in heaven. I can listen to the books as I work. Or at night when my eyes are too tired to read.

Well...time to get back to work...

1 comment:

Painter Lady said...

I tried reading Dune but got bogged down by the sand.

My sister is a big Sci-fi fan. I'm more of a thriller type/horror reader.