Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Ides of March



Guess its almost too late to say "beware of the Ides of March." It's pushing on midnight....so I'll save it for next year.

Today wasn't such a bad day. I had time to goof off online while I printed. Was doing a search for something...and now I can't remember what...and found a practical joke site. Oh I had some fun with it... its funny how you can get sidetracked online when following links.

My printer acted fine until 4...then it developed PMS. I fiddled with it for a while and then said, 'Screw it.' I logged off the computer and did some other chores.

Left work around 5:30..rushed home and changed for my dinner date. David, I mean Danny the editor convinced me that another dinner date was in order, since he kept screwing up during the last one. He did better... he only called me his ex-wife's name 2 times. We went to the Outback. Sat close to the bar...and some guys from the old Peckers days were there. They kept coming over to say hi or to ask a question about Al. Which put me in an awkward position..I had to explain who Al was. I didn't want to go into past relationships. There's a time for that... and its not on the second date....I wonder why people do that...ask about your ex, when you're on a date with someone else!!! I have never done that... its like these guys don't think....wait, they have few brain cells left... I keep forgetting that. Anyway, the date or whatever it was went ok. I don't forsee a third one. He's a nice enough guy... I think he needs some time to sort out his break-up..and to be honest, I don't really want to hear about it. Selfish? Maybe.

It's like a friend said recently... I'm used to my routine...to my space...I value it. My idea of a perfect relationship is two separate homes. Or if it comes down to one residence... I work on my 'stuff' in one room and he does his 'thing' in another. lol... unless its sex..then its one room.

I'm rambling...

Got my second book emailed to PA. Next I have to get a photo of myself and mail it in. I hope those I acknowledged will be ok with what I wrote. In the back of my mind, I keep wondering if they will realize that the acknowledgments were a way of honoring them...their 15 mins of glory in my eyes. I hope so. It means a lot to me to do it.

And..dammit...I'm getting another sore throat and congestion! Freakin' crazy weather.

No comments: