Monday, March 07, 2005

Dueling Pianos, Tender Loin and... Hissing

(Sorry... keep getting visitors today)



Got to Joyce's house around 5:30. We hung out until around 7 ish. Her husband, Ron was there too. The last few visits I've made, he hasn't been around much. I had forgotten that he's an "Alpha Male" with all the frosting that goes with that-- homophobic, know-it-all and smartassedness (bet spell check would go wild over that word.). Hell, he's like my Dad...and I can deal with him.

The place they chose to take me was a new place in G-ville. In fact it used to be one of our favorite spots to play pool at back in the late 80's... the Sports Pad. Now its a Caribbean style restaurant that has dueling pianos.... the food was excellent. I got the San Juan Salmon...yum...it reminded me of the Cruise to the Bahamas I took in early 99. Joyce and Ron knew the owner, Pete. He gave us VIP treatment--the best seat in the house and our bar tab was on him. J and I had cosmopolitanism... Ron had bourbon and coke. I had a slight buzz once we were done.

Joyce told our waiter I was a published poet, which impressed him. While Ron was in the men's room, Joyce dared me to write a poem to the cute waiter. I kept a copy of it:

"Under a waning moon,
his lips caress me
like fingers over ivory keys,
softly playing my song.
I blush rose,
he kissses the bloom
and
in the midst of music,
we perform a duet
of skin on skin."

Needless to say... he blushed rose... lol... and asked where he could get a copy of my book. I wrote the Publish America info down for him. Joyce was like... "Dummy, give him your #." I laughed my ass off...I said, "Joyce! He's all of 22 and technically a Tender Loin. I can't do the Graduate as well at the original." lol

But then the piano show started and the crowd suddenly grew wild. It was an exhilerating show...lots of music and funny antics. I LOVED IT....We watched the dueling for a while until some guy kept bumping into Joyce. When that happened Ron decided it was time to go. We made a pitstop at an ice cream place...got in by 11.

I'm not used to going to bed so early on a weekend night. I was pumped and not sleepy. But they were and so we retired. Luckily I brought my CD player with the AM/FM radio. I listened to the "Red Dragon" book on CD until I fell asleep.

They have 3 cats. One is 15 and hates people. It hisses at you. The second cat hates it when doors are shut all the way. He attacks the doors. And the last cat is declawed because it climbs walls. The room they put me in was the bedroom the Hissy cat likes to sleep in. It kept waking me up... hissing at me from the foot of the bed. Man, its breath stunk! I kicked the covers and it would leave for a while. I think it woke me up at least 5 times..Eventually, I hissed back. I think it wasn't prepared for that because it left me alone... at 6:45 am.

No comments: