Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Big Sun Little Wind

That sounds like a cool name for a novel.

Its not so windy today..and the sun is big and shiny.

I'm cheating. Pasting excerpts from emails sent for my updates...lol... sorry it's that kinda day!

William's kinder class is having a Dr. Seuss day today. He had to wear my Dr. Seuss hat (my sister said my crazy collection of 'stuff' is coming in handy--I'm officially labeled as a gypsy in my family) and he had to take some Dr. Seuss books to school.

Got an email from Sam last night. He seems to be doing better (his mom died two weeks ago). He told me that he's been reading my poetry book and thinks he should do a real book. I told him that last year. But he wants to include James O'Barr, the Crow creator. I think he is going to check into a few other places that do actually publishing. The good thing about Publish America is that it doesn't cost anything and they assign an ISBN # for free. I still have to send two copies of mine along with $35 to the copyright department and register it.


I got my first royalty check for my book sales (the ones I buy with my author discount don't count)... $16.74... 8% on 15 books. I wonder who bought them!!!! In another 100 yrs I'll be rich.

Wrote a Haiku for Jeff Diamond..famous Radio personality. I still have my haiku touch .

voice dancing in air~
a finely chiseled diamond
you, radio man


Talked to my friend Joyce. Her mother is in the hospital having cancer masses removed. I plan to spend most of my visit to G-ville this weekend with Joyce. Her mother wants to see me. In college, Joyce's parents adopted me and I spent much time with them. I shouldn't have let time go by like I have.

An editor for one of the smaller newspapers came in yesterday to talk to Dad. I showed him my book. He shocked me with "I'll run a story on it, if you have dinner with me next week." I didn't know what to say. I thought he was married. Stunned I remained quiet, letting him fill the silence. He said, "My wife and I are divorcing. And to be honest, you amaze me. I want to find out more about you." Dad came in at that time and I didn't answer him. Before he left he discreetly handed me his card with his cell # written on it.

I asked j s if that wasn't blackmail. He said no...that if I suck the guy's cock and he takes pictures that's blackmail. Or I can take pictures of him while a #$% fucks his ass and pretty much get anything I want. LMAO at j s... he's too funny.

But the editor..his name is Danny...He's attractive...late 40's with two boys over 10. Has a sense of humor. I keep wanting to sing "Danny Boy." Maybe I'll get some Irish in me this St. Paddy day. LMAO

But seriously, I may go to dinner with him. That's all just dinner. I do know that he will need time and space to work out his feelings over the divorce and to find joy in his freedom. Dan, my deceased friend would warn me about men on the 'rebound' if he were here. I'm not looking for anything serious... I do know this...I may amaze Danny already...but he has much to prove to me.

I've had handy men working on the house this week and haven't been online in the morning for long. Got a new toliet. My feet barely touch the floor. Al Bundy (from Married with Children) would be proud.

Today is yahoo's 10th anniversary. They're giving away free ice cream. Better grab a scoop.

Have a great afternoon.

PS...Read chapter 1 of my novel. There's a test tomorrow. www.theirishpirate.blogspot.com

1 comment:

sarah hb said...

Yay! I like tests! (Am going away tomorrow but will take the test when I'm back next week) :D .... oh deary dear... did I really just say that I like tests? Ah well! I still do! :)
*street cred drops to a seriously appalling level*