Monday, March 07, 2005

The Voice on the Air, Dining Halls and Tours

I was wide awake at 6:45...so I put on my earphones to the CD player and turned it to the radio portion. I kept trolling the airwaves, looking for a cool song when at 7 ish, I heard Jeff's voice. It was his Sunday current affairs type of show for Eastern NC. His guest was a lady from the Ronald McDonald house. I was impressed by his professionalism and the questions he asked. She answered them in a friendly informative voice that kept my attention. The 15 mins flew by and I had to smile at the end when Jeff mentioned Ronald McDonald visiting. I liked the little personal touch he gave her, by mentioning that her son was on the ECU baseball team.

I got up when I heard Joyce and Ron stirring. Would you believe that they have TiVo and made me watch the Amazing Race show that comes on Tuesday nights... it was the first one of the 7th series and 2 hours long... thank heavens for coffee... because its what kept me awake during it.

At 10, we went to the hospital to visit her mom who had surgery Thurs to remove cancer. I was surprised at how well she was doing. She didn't look as if she had undergone massive surgery. We stayed for an hour and then went to have brunch at the ECU dining hall. Joyce is one of the head people there and we amazingly had a great meal. I asked why didn't we have food as good as this when we were in school in the 80's. She said because she wasn't in charge. lol

I left around 1... they had plans for the afternoon. I decided to drop in on Liv who lives in Wilson and see if she wanted to shop the outlet malls in Smithfield... which was on the way home. She did! I bought some jeans and a couple of summer tops...also got a sequined bra to wear with some harem pants that are sheer and glimmery. After shopping, Liv and I parted.

Since I was going through Benson, I decided to visit my great-aunt and uncle. Both are in their late 80's and ailing. They were happy to see me. My aunt asked if I had been sick because I looked too frail. She's the frail one. It was a nice visit. We looked at old photos.

Didnt' get home until 7 pm and I was exhausted.

No comments: