Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Book Cover options

For my second poetry book, Saturn and Satin...I created two different colors of the image I want to use. A transparency of Saturn over a photo of Satin. I chose 5 people ( Lorraine, Jeff, JS, Jo and Steve) off my email list whose wisdom I trust. Below is the email I sent to them as a group and their replies.

From Me:

hey... do me a favor and scope out the two images I created today for the cover. Let me know which you like the best...pretty please...

I'm giving out door prizes to the first 50 people.

http://www.opalrose.com/saturnandsatin.html

I think I'm partial to the blue.~S

~ ~ ~
The replies in order of arrival:

Lorraine: I like the blue color, but I like the angle on the pink pic better. I know, I know...leave it to me to be the "difficult" one lol.

Jeff: definitley the blue one

Jo: The pink seems to be a stronger image.... i do like the blue but for shelf appeal i would choose the pink... might be an idea to see what its like with the text over it..that will give a different view altogether....what about using both.... one front one back... just an idea.

Steve: I think I like the reddish cover better. The blue one seems cold.~Steve, art critic

JS: I like the blue, but blue is my favorite color, so my vote may be tainted....waaaaaiiit a minute. there are only 5 people on the list....so I have to be one of the first 50 people. While I feel slightly tricked, I won't complain if the door prize involves a blow job.

~ ~ ~ ~
Maybe I should go with lavender!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pinke is best