Monday, March 07, 2005

Firstly



Is Firstly a word?

Before I go into posting about the weekend I thought I would write about today.
I took Saturday off. Mind you, its only half a day but still... when I came in today,
the only word that comes to mind is.. Chaos!

My desk and the computer had cigarette ashes on them. Dad tends to smoke more when I'm not around. There were strange icons on the desktop. Did spy/malware scans and.. found a bunch of stuff on the computer. He didn't do the framing that I requested. Two of my customers had left messages for me to call. Their orders were promised out for Sat. I got them ready and even told Dad where they were. When they called about them Sat, he didnt' bother looking on the ready list...he told them I didn't have them ready and to check back Monday.

So they called and they were both upset with me. I informed them the orders were ready...that Dad either forgot that I told him they were ready or he couldn't find them. And in both cases...they told me never to leave him alone again.

I love my Dad but he's gotten in the habit of relying on me too much.

I sorted it all out. He's gone to F-ville to get film for a school shoot tomorrow.

A good friend of ours came by for about an hour. His name is Bobby. He's a principal of a private school. Has been in Iraq for a year. Just got back home. I was happy to see him. He's a good guy. Dad told him about my book and he wanted to see it. He was very impressed. Sat and read a few of the poems. Told me he liked poetry and was going to order one of the books. I tried to give him one but he wouldn't take it. Said he wanted to help me out with the sales. Like I said..he's a good guy.

Something happened at home while I was gone that upset my brother. I'll cover that in a separate post.

No comments: