Friday, March 18, 2005

Finally the Sun Appears

We had a couple of nasty cold rainy days and today... I woke up to a smiling sun and mild temps. Spring is in the air. I can feel it. I hope someone tells old man Winter so he'll take his cold ass back to the Frosty North. I'm ready for flowers, sun and other springy things...like pastels and floppy hats.

Tomorrow is my Granny's birthday...#80! My family (me, mom, her beau, my brother, my sister and the nephews) is going to Holden Beach to visit her on Sunday. I can't wait. Its time for the woodpeckers to make their nests in the dead trees by her house. She lives on the intracostal waterway and its marshy. The nephews and I will play ball outside if its not too windy. The wind off the water can be a menace.

Its only an hour and 15 mins drive ...through swamps. I always keep an outlook for Big Foot or bears....and the occasional alligator lying around the swamp bogs that I drove by. Incase I'll never mentioned it...I'll confess ...I'm a lover of nature. And I'm lucky to have opportunities to witness many amazing sights.

No comments: