Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Tuesday is Today!

April 5...

Spring is really here... my dogwood is in full bloom. The fig tree is getting its coat of leaves. No more naked limbs--how shocking. Mother Nature awakening...quite lovely to view.

Today I don't feel like myself.
I'm smiling and being very helpful and friendly to customers.
It stems from getting bad news about a dear friend,
who has cancer and isn't given much time.
For years, she's fought and struggled with it
most of the time winning the battle...
but it looks like this time war will be lost.
I won't know until I see her tomorrow,
until then I am trying to keep my sorrow in check.
There are miracles out there.. I believe in them....
but I also believe that there is a time for death...as well as for life.

So today I'm working on mindless jobs--the kind I can put myself on autopilot.
And I'm working on a poem that requires rhyming and form...
something I can control...because I know if I think too much
that I won't be able to control me....
and if I'm not in control, how can I be a comforting presence...
a pillar of strength....

No comments: