Friday, April 08, 2005

Sniplets




Hectic around here so I'll drop in a few sniplets (acrostic style) of this and that:

Springs here and so is naughty pollen--so far I'm not in an allergy related tizzy with coughing and sneezing. Thank you Rain.

Nephew William and I had a debate over who would win in a race...Harry Potter or the Cat in the Hat. I said "Harry." He said "the Cat." I said "But HP's got a wand and a Firebolt." He said "The Cat's got its Hat." I let him win that debate.

It's the Invasion of the Sumo Bees. (Carpenter Bees). A zillion of them buzz me each time I go to the barn behind my house. I've taken to wacking them with a plastic baseball bat...smack...and they're out of the ball park. Home run to the barn.

Photography is good...mainly wedding sessions. Dad's standing joke is that if the groom doesn't show up he's got to marry the bride.

Looks like yahoo can't leave nothing alone. I'm ok with the new group format except for two things--that freaking huge ad in the middle of each post and the way the real name shows up first instead of the profile name on the side of the list of posts. I see the first name and go..."Huh?" I took mine off my profile... most people know me as Fairy. I think half of the people who use yahoo groups are already confused enough.

Everytime I see a Burger King ad I want to run away. That Plastic Face King guy is spooky. If I opened a window and saw him there I would dial 911, screaming bloody murder. But no... the person always seems not to be surprised, takes whatever food that's offered to them and even let the dog lick the King's face.

The nephews are excited that spring is here. We've been playing baseball outside and I'm beginning to be a top-notched pitcher. I'm thinking that after this season, I'll sign up with the Cubs and see if I can help break the Gypsy Curse... but hell, now that I think about it... if I'm that good the Yankees will want me... after all they buy only the best.

So...that's about all for now. And I promise to try and get some more Irish Pirate chapters posted this weekend.

No comments: