Thursday, June 09, 2005

Took one for The Team

I took one for the team yesterday. After b-dance class, I met Dena at a new ladies clothing shop. It has alot of retro type clothes, mainly casual stuff. I ended up with an apple green tie-dye shirt, a pair of white capris pants, a pink peasant type blouse with little white flowers embroidered on it and a really cool pink scarf to wear as a belt. She found a pink t-shirt that had "Fetish" on it written in rhinestones.

She said, "Sher, this is so you!"

I said, "Not at all. I'm discreet. That shirt isn't."

"So you aren't getting it?"

"No way, doll."

"Then I will." She added it to her pile of stuff. Not a moment later, a relative of hers came in. I think a high-righteous type of churchy holy roller. Anyway, she is the type of person who has to look at all the stuff in your cart or on your arms so she can find it and price it, to gossip about later. When Dena saw her, she pushed the "Fetish" shirt in my hand. Fervently she said, "Hold this."

The relative made polite conversation for a while and then had to look at our stuff. When she saw the 'Fetish' shirt, she gasped. "You're buying that?"

I said, "Yes I am. I love pink. Can't you tell?" (I was wearing a pink top and my toenails were polished pink).

"But, think of what it says?" The relative said.

I looked at the shirt. Dena was silently praying, "Don't tell her I'm buying it. Don't tell her I'm buying it."

I said, "Yes, it's a steal. Plus it's just a word." I pronounced it as "Feet-ish." Smiled at her and said, "It means ticklish feet."

No comments: