Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday???!!!!

Can't believe it's arrived. Seems like a long week that flew by fast.

I've written blog posts in my mind as I worked yesterday. Sadly they didn't post themselves. I had a lot of work waiting on me. I've spent all of yesterday and most of this morning doing it and now I find I'm at a place where I can sit back and check out my favorite stuff online while I print orders.

William did great Wednesday while he was with me at work but...he got restless that last hour. I knew we got to work to early. I think if we hadn't of came in at 10, he would have been ok. We left at 1:30 and went to the daycare to get Ben. He was napping. Lisa got him up and brought him into the hallway. He reached for me. I held him while William went to 'potty.' Always an adventure when William potties. He thinks he must strip naked below the waste. I took Ben to the bathroom too. He went in while William was redressing.

William said, "Hey Ben."
Ben said, "Hey Willm." Then gave each other five and then hugged. Made me smile.

We proceeded to McDonald's. They got chicken nuggets. I got a fish sandwich. Wasn't too bad. Ate outside by the playground. A nice breeze blew. The playground equipment is a maze of tunnels and slided made for kids. NOT adults. I got stuck in a lower portion of it. Ben needed help and I got him undone. (Never could figure out what I was undoing. All I know is he kept yelling' Help me...help me.). As I was trying to crawl out, my t-shirt got caught. I wore an older T that day because I knew we would get dirty at the park. I made the mistake of saying I was stuck. William who was at the top of the tunnel yelled, "I'll knock you out, Aunt Sherrie." I scrambled. At the top, the tunnels turned into a slide and I was at the mouth of it. Tore the sleeve of my shirt, and managed only by a hair to escape William's plunge at top speed down the tunnel slide. He landed on my feet.

When we left McD's, the boys were arguing and not listening to me. One of the 'empty' threats I give is "If you boys don't listen to Aunt Sherrie, I'm going to take you to K-mart and trade you in for a new bicycle."

Guess what...a K-mart is close to the McD's and we had to drive by it. I turned into the parking lot, parked, got out of the car and was undoing the seatbelts to their car seats... it worked..they straightened up and were agreeable the rest of the day.

We went to the park and I even swang a bit. I got dizzy and William laughed at me. They ran around until their faces were really red and sweaty. We got ice cream and then we went home.

It was a very nice day.

1 comment:

S.S. said...

Heheheh I like that "I'll trade you in for a new bicycle" threat!