Tuesday, June 28, 2005

On My Tombstone



I wrote my friend Jeff, the oldies DJ about one of my Greenville friends... Joyce and her hubbie ...they went to an Indians baseball game a few weeks ago...she wrote me about it and said "the old rafters dj was the announcer....he did great...I had fun...they lost but it was still fun."

He replied with "should have that on my tombstone...'the rafters dj'...lol"

Jeff's gone on to do some great things, since the Rafters days. He's practically a celebrity. I'm sure that he'll be remembered for more than being 'the Rafters DJ.' But even if he isn't, I think it's still an honor to known for that. Those old Rafter days were some of the best that I've ever had...Joyce would agree with me. Hell, she met her husband there. They've been happily married for a long time.

There were other DJ's at Rafters and there were DJ's at the other clubs we hung out in...but we all remember Jeff. We can't remember the Elbo Room DJ or the Tequlia Bar DJ... but we all remember the Rafters DJ.

Naturally, I thought of how I would be remembered. In high school, I was the 'smart girl.' During the Greenville days I was "P.H." Since I came back to Lumberton, I've been addressed as"Allen's Lady" and "The TLC Girl." Of the two, I'll take the "TLC Girl." I pride myself in my work.

I may never be known as a published poet or a Goddess and that's ok. "TLC"...tender loving care pretty much nails who I am.

5 comments:

John said...

But you are a published poet, and a Goddess, no matter who knows

Painter Lady said...

John...you sure can make a girl feel appreciated. :)

S.S. said...

What does P.H. stand for?

Painter Lady said...

Penis Head.. I was obsessed with looking at pictures of them in college...one of my roommates told me I was going to turn into one, if I didn't stop staring at them....I blame Playgirl Magazine.

S.S. said...

Hahahaha!