Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Take a Nephew to Work with You Day



oh man... and how!

With John off to Georgia this week, we're having a problem with what to do with William. John ususally keeps him during the day. Lisa took Mon-Tues off. Mom is taking tomorrow off. So that left two days...today and Friday. I was going to take the whole day off but Dad has too go to out of town for a few hours--no way around it. So Will and I are here. He's done good but is getting antsy...its hard to be still for long.

Granny showed up last night. Surprised me. I think she and Jewel had a fight and she decided to blow the town and come see me. Wasn't a big deal but...was looking for a quiet night. She was here this morning with William and I. He got here around 7ish and was playing on the computer while I got stuff together to leave. I heard Granny telling him to get off the computer and help me. Now...come on...a 6 yr old boy isn't any help. Naturally he thought we were leaving that second...and wouldn't quieten down until we left, which made me irritated with Granny. We got here at 10. So stuff that he did at 10 could have been done during the 11 oclock hour and we wouldn't be bored now with another hour to go.

As soon as Dad gets back, we're outta here. Going to get Ben and we're going to the McDonald's, then the park and then get ice cream. When Friday rolls around, I plan to leave work at 2 and spend the afternoon with the boys again.

Needless to say, ole Shere ain't got nuttin done today.

But that's ok.. William's told I'm cool about 10 times... I can deal with that. :)

2 comments:

John said...

well, you are cool

Painter Lady said...

Thanks J! :) So are YOU