Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday Meanderings




Feel as if I've wasted most of the day. Had to drive the bro to the eye doc. Sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half with a bunch of blue-haired ladies who discussed their corns and other feet ailment. I have no corns so I couldn't join in. Wouldn't have been so bad if their magazine selection was up to standards. I believe that they had a huge meeting over this and said, "Ok...why are our magazines disappearing? This has got to stop." And someone said, "We should subscribe to magazines that are boring. No one wants to steal boring magaiznes." So, the office subscibed to a tennis magazine, a farming mazagine and some antique and collectables magazine...to name just a few. I read the farming one. Flipped through the tennis one...but couldn't get the antique magazine away from one lady who used it to fan herself.

When the receptionist saw me sitting in the lobby, I heard her tell the other staff that I was out there. For about 30 mins, they paraded into the lobby one by one to talk about my book and to asked if they could buy one. Never once crossed my mind to bring some along. They were proud of me. Even Doctor M came out to hug me and tell me that she was so proud of me. SO I guess this wasn't such a waste of time.

Friday night I went to dinner with Doug and his 4 yr-old daughter, Emily. We went to a pizza palor that has video games and things for kids to climb on. She and I had a great time. He looked bored. I believed he turned down a poker game because he had promised her that he would take her to see "Miss Sherrie." When she went off to play, we sat in silence. It's amazing how much we don't have in common. He finally began a conversation about TV shows, mainly reality ones. I was glad when Emily came over and insisted that I go with her to the ladies room.

What always cracks me up is the waitresses.... when I go out to dinner with them, which is very rare, there is always a waitress who tries to tell me how much Emily favors me.... She's a blonde and the spitting image of her father... At first I would say, "Oh I'm not her mother." Which made the waitresses uncomfortable. Now I say "Thank you."

So that was my Friday night...Sat I worked and then baseballed. Sunday was Lazy Sherrie day. Watched a show about Alexander the Great. It was really awesome. A very indept show and I've always been fascinated by him.

Today, I'm printing orders and catching up on online stuff...

like the headlines...

What's up with Mike Tyson? He quit during his boxing match Saturday night!!!!!!

And Madonna.... didn't know that women could study the Kabbalah????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mike... they took his teeth out... no fun when you cant bite any body ;)

S x