Friday, June 03, 2005

Another Adventure




Well, not as exciting as the Male Strip show but still an adventure. An old friend, Dawn asks me every summer if I will come spend a weekend at the beach with her and her boyfriend, Will. Every month they rent a cottage at one of the NC beaches. They can afford it. She is an accountant for one of the chicken processing plants and he's a civilian employed by Fort Bragg. This time I said yes. That I would go.

They are very low key. She's one of the few people who has listened to me regarding my views on 'setting someone up with another person.' I always say not to tell the two prospective persons that you have invited 'the (insert appropriate adjective) (insert the appropriate sex) and I just know you'll hit it off.'

Most of the time...no sparks. It's better to invite each without letting on that there's a motive. That way if there might be sparks...they'll happen without a big nudge. If there aren't, there's no awkwardness.

I'm kind of interested in what type of people will be there. These two tend to try out all sorts of activities that never last for long. One spring it was Tennis. One winter skiing. Last summer it was motorcycling. Their friends reflect their activities. Hope I fit in. Maybe it will be Beatnik poets. I can deal with that. I'm pretty good at bullshit.

Going down tonight. Tomorrow afternoon I'm supposed to drive up to New Bern to a wedding. It's not a bad drive from W-Beach but...it will consume time and I'm not in the mood to waste time this weekend. But I'll take my dress along and if the beach gang is dull and boring, maybe I'll venture up to New Bern for the wedding. Need to practice ducking out when they call for the single women to catch the bouquet. I usually hide in the restroom.

I'm returning Sunday and my plan is to finish the webpage designs for my magazine and have it ready to view on Mon or Tues.

Anyway, I'm off to finish my work. May everyone who reads here be safe and sound over the weekend.

Lots of love,
Sherrie

No comments: