Thursday, February 24, 2005

Update on the Sher News

The rains have come back for an encore. Yesterday and Tues, the temps were in the 70's. Today its barely above 44. The damp weather is killing me. I'm all congested again. Hot coffee is helping.

Had a doc appt at 10:45 today. White cell count is lower --still not normal but improving and my bronchitis is not so bad. Lungs aren't completely clear but I hope they will be in a few days.

Monday when I was in there, I gave the office girls a poetry book and they showed it to my doctor. He said, "Miss P...., I read some of your poems. Very nice. I thought you were am artist. Is there anything you can't accomplish?" My reply was "Self-healing."

So yeah...I'm feeling better. Finally getting my energy back.

I wrote a poem while I waited for the call to the examining room where I sat forever with no magazine to look at. Once I decode it, I'll plaster it here.

Granny is visiting for a few days. She is looking frail. I worry about her. Jewel (her husband) got her a new car. Its nice. Can't remember what kind. I'm bad when it comes to autos.

Tonight I'm going with Lisa and the boys to a book fair at William's school. He said I could buy one book but it had to be for boys. Man, when did he become the Book Czar?

Here's a good quote or rather a good question...any one care to answer?

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
- Mary Oliver, "The Summer Day"

Oh man, this just in. Some guy with a SUV just side-swiped my dad's new van. Instead of backing into a parallel parking spot, he tried to drive in and it clipped dad's van at the headlight area, knocking his light out. Dad's out there now and they're waiting for the police. Another reason, I don't park on the main street. People do not know how to parallell park. Poor dad, his insurance just went up due to an accident he had back in July. He rear-ended a car while being nosy and trying to look at another photographer's studio and trying to drive at the same time.

Back to work....

No comments: