Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Girl Talk (Adult Topics--so beware)



Met my friend Mary and one of her co-workers for lunch yesterday. I had coffee. We chatted a while and Mary asked me about my exercise class. She said she could tell I was toning...that my face looked smaller. I told her what I was doing and she said it was too much work. I pointed out that 20-30 minutes 3 times a week would make a difference in how she felt. (She complains about having no energy). Then I told her to start eating yogurt instead of ice cream or at least get sugar-free ice cream. Her reply was 'That's like fucking with condoms. Its not the same.

So opened the door to "Girl Talk."

I sat back and listened. I didn't really know the co-worker. She and Mary began a conversation about sex. They covered much ground. But what got me was when the co-worker said, "I don't give blow jobs." I looked over at Mary, who knows much about my sexual appetites. My eyebrows were raised and I gave her an over-the-top-of-my-glasses-look which screamed, "WHAT THE FUCK?"

Mary shrugged her shoulders at me and dived right in with the question, "Why not?"

To protect the faint of heart that might stumble by this blog, I'll soften the co-worker's reply to...hmmm...unpleasant odors.

Mary's reply to that was "breathe through your mouth." The co-worker couldn't grasp that concept and miraculously time had sped by and I had to get back to work.

I mused over how easy it was for the co-worker to talk so bluntly in front of a woman she didn't know. I've never been able to do that--except in my blogs. I have to really know a person--feel as if I can trust them before I tell sexual information--whether about someone or about my own self. If you know my secrets, what kind of toys I use and the fact I have an oral fetish, then you should be honored because that means I value your friendship, that I can be myself around you and that I trust you with the complexity of myself.

I trust Mary. She's probably my closest real life friend. She knows my secrets and my fears...she knows what makes me happy and sad. In a second she can tell from my voice if I am having a good day or a bad one.

Saturday night when I was out at the sports bar, I sat at the bar with a couple of women whose boyfriends/husbands were playing pool. One of their husbands came up to check on them and as soon as he was gone, they started talking about his ass. Yes, it looked nice and I silently agreed. But around that time, the bartender came up to check on us. He's a flirt with blue eyes and a pierced tongue. As soon as he walked off, the women started a conversation about pierced tongues, clits and how they go together. I couldn't add to the conversation because I have never experienced a pierced tongue...yet if I had would I have contributed? No. I didn't know them that well and too many ears were close by. I like to keep a low-key sexual profile around here. Small towns tend to know more than they should anyway.

I had a conversation with JS...an online friend I chat with sometimes on yahoo messenger. I've known him since May 2001. And he is one of the few men (online and in real life) whom I can be bluntly honest with. I don't worry about sounding like a whore or if I'll offend him. He always manages to make me laugh. Below is part of our conversation from yesterday:

Sherrie : I think I am in love with John Mayer...yea.. that came out of left field I know. I have a friend who does that to me all the time

j s: I think you should wait until you've had him in your ass before you make that kind of statement

Sherrie : lol... ever had a day where you've had crazy conversations????? its been that kind of day for me

j s: so, you came looking for me...I understand noooowwwww....you're looking to just keep the ball(s) rolling

Sherrie : you always manage to keep it interesting

Sherrie : a friend called and asked me if the Outback had buffet!!!!!

j s: they do...jimmy's brother is playing there this week
j s: I think his name is Lunch

Sherrie : he heeeee.... she then asked. "Can me and my 'beau' eat for $10? I've got a gift certificate." (She's an old high school friend)

j s: well, he can have a bloomin onion and she can kneel between his legs...that way, they can both eat for $10

Sherrie : you must have had razor soup for lunch! Your wit's sharp today.

j s: why thank you... actually, I had the seared grouper in a tomato, mushroom basil sauce over pasta

Sherrie : yum sounds... met a friend of mine and her coworker for lunch
Sherrie : the coworker doesn't do blowjobs
Sherrie : women are as bad as some men about sex talk

j s: zakly....well then...she has the bloomin onion and he can kneel between her legs
j s: this is an equal opportunity deal

Sherrie : a different woman

j s: and incidentally, I think women are worse with sex/partners talk

Sherrie : I agree...did you notice I said 'some men'

j s: I've talked to women the day after...and there's nothing sacred. I usually don't divulge details

Sherrie : I've become more sacred about details

j s: I mean...they're down to the funny way his cock bent when it was erect

Sherrie : yep and how his balls hang

j s: I don't think I've ever had a conversation with a man about what her pussy lips looked like

Sherrie : I think I will write about that in my blog..

j s: I now feel like I accomplished something today...I inspired a blog entry

~~ ~ ~ ~~
j s is right though. I don't know any man who has told me sexual details of encounters unless he was a trusted lover who shared them with me. Well, there were a few exceptions like the gay guys I know...but they're more like women than they are men.

When I watched Sex and the City and I related to everything they said over lunch/dinner and almost every conversation those women have has some sort of sexual comment in it. I would watch and say, "Oh MY GOD... we've talked about that before."

I wonder if I'll have Girl Talks when I'm too old to even think about sex???

No comments: