Monday, February 21, 2005

Raining cats and dogs today



The rain is rather dreary. Cold and icy to the soul.

Spent Saturday afternoon on the couch, reading and napping. Can't remember what I watched on TV. I tried to stay awake but couldn't. Was in bed by 9:45. I woke up Sunday at noonish. It was all I could do to drag myself out of bed. I made the decision to go to the doctor today.

Which I did. High white cell count and anemic. The nurse pricked my finger twice and couldn't get enough blood to do lab work. So she ended up drawing it out of a vein in my arm. Got more antibotics and a lecture from my doctor for not coming by sooner. I'm supposed to drink lots of fluid and intake vitamins and iron. I'm to drop by Thurs for a follow-up.

If my energy level isn't up by then, I'm re-scheduling my trip to Greenville. The drive alone will exhaust me beyond words.

Today is Presidents' Day. Half the stores downtown are closed!!! I am always amazed at how quickly these downtown merchants will close shop at any excuse. I can't keep up with how many people have walked next-door only to quickly run to their car. I bet if there was a 'Fuck My Ass Day', they would close the store for that.

Ok, back to Sunday. I watched movies all day. Had a few friends drop in on me. Luckily I was dressed and showered. My brother was over at a friend's house watching the race, though he doesn't like NASCAR. But if there's chicken and other food ...he's there.

The girls that came by are casual friends. Usually we hang out at parties and the night life scene. They didn't call, just popped in. I think one of them, Betty Ann has relatives a few streets down and they were in the neighborhood. The other girl, Shannon wanted to look through my recipe books. Ok, maybe that was the real reason they stopped by. She's having a big party for her parents' 40 th anniversery. They stayed for a few hours. I was watching Curve Your Enthusiasm and they didn't get the humor, so I turned the DVD off and we watched a show on the E channel about Red Carpet Fashion. BORING... but they were all into it.

I may write more on our conversations later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every day isn't a F*ck My Ass day? Git out! Get well soon, lady. I git a kick out of your blog. Your funny.
--T--