Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Now from the E-files (email)

Below is an email exchange between a casual acquaintance Sandy and myself. A bit of history....she goes thru men like she does her shampoo. She mentions Bonnie who is my fair weather friend and also mentions Allen, although she spelled his name wrong. I met Sandy back in mid 1995. She never was a close friend and I find her to be a ninny.

How does that saying go.. be careful what you ask for! lol

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandy O
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:34 AM
To: Sherrie
Subject: hellllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppp sherri

Sherri, this is Sandy. I need your help badly!! Bonnie gave me your email address. She said you write poetry!!! Can you write me a poem to give to my Bay-bee Jayyyyyyyyyy? You know him. He played pool with Alan at Peckers. Its our first Valentine's Day. It HAS to be perfect!!! PLEASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE, Sherri. I'll pay you.
Hugs, kisses and curly q's,
San

----Sherrie wrote:

Hey Sandy... you've got the wrong Sherri/e. My name has an 'e' at the end. It stands for "Excellent or Exquisite" and sometimes it stands for "Equal Opportunity" in extreme circumstances.

-----Sandy O wrote:
SherriE
You are such a bleeping smartass. Can you write me a poem? Time is running out! PLEASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE. I said I would pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----Sherrie wrote:
What do you want? An ode, a sonnet, a haiku, a cinquain...since you've waited so late I suggest you pick a short form. ~S

-----Sandy O wrote:
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!! Anything will be perfect. Can you write something about a first kiss and a rose? He gave me a rose before he kissed me the first time. Oh I am happyhappyhappy. ThankYOU, SherriE.

----Sherrie wrote:
Here you go:

You gave me a rose
on the first day of
our kiss...

Petals pure red
like the blood
boiling in our
veins with desire.

A rose--red as a heart
given at Valentine's Day,
delicate as a snowflake
on an eyelash.

I wish you had for seen
the eventual rise
of its fall,
as petals dropped
one by one.

-----Sandy O wrote:
Sherri that's not a LOVE POEM. I wanted a LOVE poem!! Not a POEM about a ROSE dying!!!!!!!!! HURRY. TIme is running out!!! I can't believe you wrote a CYINCAL POEM. ITS VALENTINTE'S DAY for PETE'S SAKE.

----Sherrie wrote:
Sandi, one suggestion: Hallmark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ninny doesnt cover it....