Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Profile Photo

As you can see I added a profile photo...its a colored pencil drawing I did, last year or the year before. I think the date's on the photo. I probably will change the image periodically...just for kicks.

I've done a series of nudes too. Those are in oil pastels. I remember leaving one on my kitchen table when I had my apartment--this was during my Allen years. My mom had dropped by. I showed it to her and she was impressed. Al drove up as she was leaving. When he came into the kitchen, he saw the nude sitting on the table.

He gave me a sharp look and then said, "You left this out. I hope your mom didn't see it."

"I showed it to her. She likes it."

He gave an audible gasp, "Your mom saw a naked woman???? Don't you have any respect for her? Nudity is not for parents."

I couldn't believe his attitude. "Art and nudity go back a long time, Al. I don't think its up to me to try and stop it now."

It's funny how Al was/is. He didn't give a second thought to drinking beer or liquor every day of his life...and to smoking pot when the mood hit him. Yet, when it came to nudity and sex, his views were as Baptist as my Granny's are.

No comments: