Friday, February 18, 2005

Miss me?

I've been fighting a sinus infection/chest cold. I was afraid it would develop into a serious respiratory infection. But sleep, taking my medicine, drinking lots of fluids and diving into soup has fought it off. I'm not 100%...more like 70%, but its a big improvement from where I was.

This weekend will be a lazy one of me napping, sipping hot tea and watching TV.

I emailed Jeff about this already, so if you by chance read here...you're allowed to skip the rest of this post. lol

I think I confirmed a stereotype about women and clothes today. Yearly, I have the house tested for termites. The guys came by this morning to check the house. When they first arrived, I was in my robe, so I quickly tossed on some jeans and a sweatshirt and answered the door bell. They said they would be back with the paperwork once they were done. I noticed their discreet once-over.

Since it was getting late, I changed into a thin sweater to wear to work---it felt cool out but not cold. Then they knocked on the backdoor to ask me a question. I stepped outside and man, the wind almost knocked me over. I noticed their once-over again. I knew I would be cold in the thin sweater, so I changed into a thicker sweater with a turtleneck under it.

When they were done, they rang the door bell again. I stepped out. Before they said anything, they looked at me and then at each other. lol... I waited until they were out of the driveway and down the road before I took off the choking turtleneck.

I think I should get credit for keeping on the same jeans and shoes.

No comments: