Saturday, February 19, 2005

Killing time with odds and ends




I had to leave work early yesterday. Suddenly around 3:45, I felt as if I going to fall over. It was as if I were speeding along at 75 MPH and my tires blew out. I found a stopping point in my work and told Dad I would see him today. Drove straight home and didn't stop until I was in my jammies and under the covers. Glanced at the clock and it read 4:09 pm. I slept until 7. I quietly opened my bedroom door, testing the waters. I knew my brother probably called mom because I came home so early and knowing her, she probably was lurking in the shadows, waiting to jump me with vapor rub, vinegar/honey tea (yuk), and OJ. But it was quiet. I stepped out and promptly slipped on something.

Paper.

I picked up several pieces. William's scribbles decorated the surface. I took them with me into the kitchen and found a note from Mom. She and the boys had stopped by to see if I was ok. In the fridge was OJ. On the kitchen counter, bottles of vinegar and honey for tea. In a post script, she wrote, "William and Ben left you get well wishes by your door. I wouldn't let them wake you."

I skipped the tea and had some OJ. I stayed up for a little while and then went right back to bed. I think the sleep did me good. I'm still congested but not as much as I was yesterday. Now it seems to be settling in my lungs. But to be on the safe side, I'm going to call my regular doctor Monday. I don't need to go from a sinus infection to bronchitis.

No real plans for the weekend. After I finish my tasks for today at work, I'll stop by Walmart ...or some other store and get some things I need. Then head home. It's times like this when I wished I still had my small apartment. I don't mind taking care of my brother to some extent, but there are times when I wish for solitude.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Stopped by a ladies fashion shop a few blocks from me earlier. Feeling under-the-weather I figured I needed a pick-me-up. So I spurged onthree pairs stockings (One is sheer black with a red lace top, the second pair is nude and the last pair is pearl) and two pairs of thongs with garter attachments. They are neat--something new in the lingerie line. One is a pretty blue and the other is black. I also got a new bra. I may look sick on the outside, but underneath I'll be all sexy, baby.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments: