Monday, February 07, 2005

Roads Not Traveled

I wonder often about the roads not taken. I assume I'm not the only one who does that. I always think of the road before me as one-way, in the same direction with different paths that sometimes intertwine... and sometimes not. But its still the same direction, just different experiences found on each path. Only, I can't experience them all. I have to choose which path to take and hope that it's the best one in the long run.
No matter which path is taken, there is always that little doubt that it's the right one. There is always a big 'What if I had..." lurking in the back of my mind.
Those decisons on the paths we take make us who we are. It's the paths not taken that make us question ourselves.

3 comments:

sarah hb said...

When you were writing this post did you have the poem "The Road not Taken" by Robert Frost on your mind? I love that poem by him.

Painter Lady said...

Hi Sarah HB

Yes... I am a Robert Frost fan.
And the poem was in my mind as I wrote.
He is a great poet. And the first one I ever read, growing up. I think ee cummings is the next poet that I read most in high school.

I do love poetry.

Chicka * Cosmo said...

Sometimes no matter which path you choose...the destination is the same!
Ivy*