Saturday, February 19, 2005

That's what Friends are for!

My dear friend Mary called a while ago. It seems she's called several times while I was out and Dad forgot to tell me. She's been going through some tough family problems and was depressed.

So she asked, "Sherrie, tell me one of your funny stories. I really need a laugh."

To be honest, I really didn't feel like talking for long. I'm starting to feel really tired and just want to finish my work and get home. But what can I say! There have been times when I needed to cry on Mary's shoulder.

"What do you want to hear? I don't have any new stories." Before she could ask, I said, "And NO TEXAS story."

"Damn, that's the best one. Ok...how about a blind date story?"

"Hmmm... I'll let you chose between the squid eating dilemma, the alien demi-god guy or the conspiracy theory loser."

"Decisons! Let's go with the Squid."

I knew as I told the story that I would cut it short and talk to her about the heart of her depression. And in the end...let her tease me about Texas, because that's what friends are for.

No comments: