Friday, June 13, 2008

Anna and the King

I watched Anna and the King (the one with Jodie Foster) last night on HBO. It had been years since I've seen it, which is good because I had forgotten a lot of it. Boy did I cry! I like the ending on this one...the last dance. It wasn't between school teacher and King...it was between a man and a woman who loved each other very deeply, yet couldn't hold that love. I could cry right now thinking about it. (it's not a true story btw, but still a very well acted film).

I realized as the credits rolled that Al and I were so lucky. We loved for a while, then were apart--stilling loving each other and now we have that love again and it is stronger than before. I can't imagine loving someone so deeply, seeing them and knowing they love me too...only not to have that love. How miserable life must have been after she left the King...and how he must have longed for a woman who thought she was a King's equal.

Big sigh here... if you have love and can touch it and hold it... I hope that you know just how special it really is.

No comments: