Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday is ...Jan 9

..and the birthday of two old flames..

Happy Birthday guys...may your flame stay eternal and away from my fires. lol

Well, let's see what's going on around here....

I haven't heard from Al since Christmas Eve...he was suppose to come to my sister's party but got off work later than he thought. When he found out that I wasn't going out to party anywhere (well, I did have plans to go over to a friend's house but they are very low-key and drink wine only), he decided not to drive down. He asked if I would come over New Year's Eve if he had a party and I told him I wasn't sure...that I might have other plans, but to call me. He didn't. I think he realizes I'm not his old 'sherbare' anymore.

Seth called me last Thursday. I was shocked. To be honest, I haven't thought of him much in ages. He wants to pick up where we left off, but also told me he may be headed to Iraq this summer. I don't know... I went down that path with Robert--who would disappear on mission for months, return as if nothing happened on to disappear again. It was upsetting--the worrying and wondering if he was alive and well. In a way I was relieved when he chose his career over love and cut the strings to my heart. I still miss him and I think if I were to be the lady in the tower, waiting for her knight to return from slaying dragons, it would be for Robert.... not Seth.

Now, Seth's a good man... handsome, strong, humorous and very sexual... but... always a But... He's gone to visit his parents for a week. I told him to call when he gets back--that we would go from there.

Now on to something ...someone else... there's a Physical Assistant--Alec, whom we took photos of him for a Health Organization here in the county. He's very handsome, smart and witty. He flirted with me a bit, as he waited for Dad to take his photo. I flirted back. Though Dad doesn't like for me too...I know he's only afraid someone will sweep me away. He came by Friday to look at the previews. Made his selection and then asked if I wanted to go to a movie that night---King Kong. I said yes.

And guess what... I fell asleep. I'm not taking a short nap, where your chin suddenly falls forward, jerking you awake. I'm talking a very long hour or so nap. I was so embarrassed... and disoriented when I woke up and saw Alec bending towards me, listening to see if I were breathing. It's funny now but then it wasn't. On the drive home I had to explain that I had been sick but was mending. My strength was slowly returning. He was amazed that I could sleep through all the noise. Whether he knows it or not, he made a bonus point by not pushing me in regards to my health. Alec said he would call sometime this week--that he had a busy schedule but would find time to say hi. He's a nice guy and I hope he does call.

Saturday night, I didn't do much. I was in bed before 10 and slept to 11 am the next day...did laundry and other stuff like that. Was in bed last night by 9:45 and feel much better today.

No comments: