Friday, January 06, 2006

goofy guy movies

I was struck with insight last night...that was so forceful, I was humbled.

Well, not really...it's dramatic Friday and you know the score.

While watching TV last night (I think a CSI re-run on SPIKE), the trailer for Grandma's Boy came on. I knew right away it wasn't for me. Then I thought to myself, these goofy sexual guy movies are the equivalent of the gushy Chick Flick...those I abhor, like nature does a vaccum.

Then today, while sipping coffee and reading my online newspapers, there was a story in USA today about Shirley Jones...the Grandma of Grandma's Boy...Sexy at 71? Maybe... here's the interview... what got me was the over-sharing she did.. I don't want to know that a 71-yr-old woman takes matters into her own hands when her equally old husband doesn't feel like having sex!!! This is Shirley Patridge!! Mother of a musical group of children, whom I grew up watching on TV! That's like hearing Grandpa Walton beat one out when Grandma didn't feel like sparkin' in the palor!

Some times are best left in the shadow, Shirley Jones.

1 comment:

The Walker Tribe said...

WTH? Shirley Jones still wacks off? Ugh.