Thursday, September 22, 2005

A title escapes me for the moment...

Last night, a lady at dance gave me some 'field peas.'... I spent the rest of the evening shelling them. My thumbs are sore today. Put me back to the old days on the farm. We grew acres and acres of them. I spent many summer days, picking them for the market. We would also put lots of them in the freezer or can them, so we ate them all year long. But there is nothing better than fresh ones. I think I have enough for 3 or 4 pints. I'll blanch them when I get home and let them cool for a few hours. Before I go to bed, I'll put them in freezer bags.

-----------

Seth is coming over at 7:30. He called last night. I told him I would make spaghetti for us. Probably not a good way to start things...cooking for a man, but I don't think he'll abuse it. Now when Charles found out I could cook, he rarely wanted to eat out unless it was with his parents...which grew old fast. I'm excited and nervous. He knows about my situation with my brother and doesn't seem to mind. Like he said, "Hell, I live with 3 other military guys...I can't complain!"

--------------



My dad should be a politican. As much as he hates the way our President "bullshits us on Iraq" (dad's quote not mine), he sure can bullshit a client when he wants too. He's pissed at me because I won't agree with him regarding a 24 x 30 frame that has a damaged corner. In a lot of frames, especially those that are antiqued and have fancy smancy work in the corners, cracks are a part of the decor...but not corner separation and this frame has corner separation...which probably occurred when the client tried to transport it because it wasn't damaged when it left here... but the customer thinks it was and that we are responsible. The problem we are encountering is that with new digital photo sizes, many of the framing companies are changing the sizes they make so they fit the new photo demands. The company it came from would replace it but that style has been discontinued in that precise size. Anyway, Dad has managed to convince the lady the frame is ok and won't be noticed once it's on the wall (which is true, it probably won't be noticed but...and this is my concern...the corner could continue separating over time...then CRASH to the floor). He and I have different approaches to dealing with customer problems that deal with money, which causes him to stay pissed at me for the rest of the day... oh well, I continue to breathe anyway...lol

---------

I think I'm a coffee Czar. Will there be a rebellion I wonder?

2 comments:

sarah hb said...

Sigh. I wish you could be on MSN :( I'm up and it's 2.30am lol. Trying to send you psychic messages... don't think it's working. heh one day we'll chat... one day lol.
hugs xxx

sarah hb said...

Hang on.... just realised what time it is over there... you're still with Seth :) hope it's going well! I'll slip away quietly... well not so quietly after these to posts... maybe a moderate hush heh.
hugs xxx