Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Reversed L

Ok... today I didn't travel the J-shaped path to the Bakery. I walked a Reversed-L. Took me about 10 seconds longer but the sights were different and sort of inspiring, like the display of bikes in the window of the pawn shop and the long line at the Hot Dog truck ( instead of a stand a guy sells hotds from a truck).

On the return trip, I took my usual J path because I didn't see the guy anywhere. When I got to WC's store and was about to turn the corner onto our street, there he was...wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I startled him. He stumbled against the building and had to catch himself. He actually laughed out loud. I sort of smiled because I smugly thought, "Ha, got You this time!" Now he knows how it feels to be startled.

No comments: