Monday, September 19, 2005

Humidity Pie

Have a slice?

Man, it is so humid today. The air feels like it's sitting on my lungs. Gray skies and humid air. Stifling hot in lots of ways.

I had a busy early morning. Worked on an old frame for an elderly lady. If I think about it I'll bring my camera to work and take a photo of it.. she told me an interesting story to go along with the photo and frame.

Had a chance to chat with dear Jo... hey, woman get better soon.

Since my photo paper hasn't arrived, I'll take a moment to blog and reply to email I've neglected.

Seth called last night after Rome went off. I was very happy to hear from him. We talked about lots of things. He has a sense of humor much like mine and we 'got' each others jokes. I get a feeling that he's settled inside. No sense of hopeless complexity--though I am drawn to that sort of person, I am relieved he's not one of them. He brought up Iraq. I told him it was too soon to talk politics. He laughed. According to him when he's in his fatiques at a store or around town, strangers stop him and ask questions about Iraq. Most are supportive but a few are really nasty. I can only imagine. There's a time and place for discussing Iraq. Before our official first date isn't one.

I guess I'll get off early enough to rush home and change clothes. I'm meeting him at 7 at a local restaurant. It's a steakhouse and won't be too busy tonight. Quieter than The Outback or any restaurant chain.

Syndi called at two today. Seth told Javier that we had a date and naturally he exploded the news to Syndi. She said--this is a direct quote "Sherrie, we would have introduced you to Seth sooner but I didn't think he was your type. He's so much taller than you. Dale and I both agree that men your height compliment you best."

Oh man, I lost it... big time. Since when did men become an accessory item? I let it drop though. She wouldn't have understood and I realized one thing... it didn't matter. What matters is that I have a dinner date with a really nice guy.

1 comment:

sarah hb said...

Lol. Oh man... she should have seen me next to my ex-boy :) I'm 5ft 2" and he's 6ft 5" hehe
Have a nice date this evening my dear :)