Friday, September 16, 2005

Summer Makes a Return

Now that the hurricane has passed, after wrecking the coast, we've got humid and hot weather. The breeze that blows on occassion is hot, too.

I've been quietly working on an old photo from WWII. It's a hand-tinted photo of two soldiers. The photographer used two different photos and put them together on a 9 x 14 print. The paper is decaying and there are 'rust' spots all over the print. I've gotten 99 % off and am working on the spots that are in tricky areas, like the hairline or the chin, etc.

The ghost in our building is active today. J jokingly said that Ophelia was getting to 'my buddy.' Don't know about that. Some days I don't notice things... probably because I've learned to ignore a lot of things. After all the building's been here since 1910 or so. But there are times when it is hard to ignore things, like today when the printer started up on its own while I was at least 20 feet or more away. I am not afraid, btw. He means no harm. Probably wants some acknowledgment for the day... so here it is...now, quit bothering my printer.

I've decided to start Christmas shopping early this year. Making my list and will make a Santa list to post on the fridge and insist every immediate family member put at least 3 things on their list.

As for the weekend, I've got no big plans. Probbly go shopping in Fayetteville. Stop at the Barnes and Noble and chill for a while. Maybe drop by and see an old friend while I'm there... won't call too far in advance or she'll have several prospective 'dates' lined up.

No comments: