Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It's How you Ask...

When the nephews are at my house, I try to teach them to use manners. Like if they burp, which they seem to find joy in, I give them a look over my glasses and they grin wickedly and say 'Excuse me."

William is a grand master of mimicry. He's watched the Amanda Show so much, he's learned how to sound exactly like the Courtney and Penelope characters--both have a slight infliction of rudeness in their voice. He commanded that I remove his supper tray the other night in the same tone as the Amanda show characters. A perfect impression!

I wouldn't and said, "What's the magic word?"

He said, "Abracadabra."

"No."

"Alacazam."

"No, that's not it either."

"Hmmmm, Sha sha sha BOOM." (In the Martin Short movie "A Simple Wish", he plays a Fairy GodMother..I mean Father... who says Shaboom, when he casts a spell.)

"No... my favorite magic word is 'PLEASE."

"Ohhhhhhhh... ok. Please."

Well, when I got home yesterday, Mom was there with the boys. Lisa had to work late and they were killing time. William demanded that I help him put on his Harry Potter cloak.

I said, "What's the magic word?"

"Abracadabra"

I saw the beginning of a repeat performance from the other day ..."No...what's my favorite magic word?"

"Oooh, that one... Please."

No comments: