Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day...I thus Labored

Dad's tests came back and his heart is fine. I think stress causes him to have panic attacks. His doc gave him some new meds. I hope they work. We'll see if he does better. I still think he needs to get his digestive system checked. He has a lot of gas and his stomach is bloated. But getting him to pursue it will be the trick. I noticed he's back to smoking more.

I've decided David's a strange bird. Not always a bad thing, I guess. He called Friday night for a moment. I really thought we would go out this weekend but he said he was grilling at someone's house Saturday. He gave me explicit directions on how to get there but never came out and said, "Do you want to come over?" I'm not going to drop in at another person's house on speculation. So I didn't and haven't heard from him since Friday. Knowing me, I'll keep him at arm's length for now and not count on big romance. Little sparks are fine.

Had a nice Sunday. Lisa and the boys came over. I cooked lime roasted chicken and potatoes in lemon sauce. The boys had a great time playing. They refused to try my chicken. She and I went through some boxes of vintage avon that belonged to our Grandmother Leggette.. Fun to look at the old stuff. Ben tested me by doing stuff he knows he's not supposed to do and ignoring me when I corrected him. Lisa didn't say anything to him. I finally said within her hearing, "Ben, just because mommy's here doesn't mean you don't listen to me. This is Aunt Sherrie's house and you still have to mind me." After I said that she got on him about things. And William...he decided to make a mess with some play-doh he found in a closet. Then he wanted to give me a haircut with rubber scissors... thank you, Goddess of Tresses for watching over me. I would have been a gonna of hair if the scissors had been real.

I've been cleaning out cabinets, closets and finding things I couldn't find before ... things my granny or mom had moved to the wrong places. Found my old beat-up tennis shoes. I thought Mom had thrown them out...they were in the laundry room under some outdoor extension cord.
Wonder if my muse is hiding in there too? If I don't find her, maybe I'll find Davey Jones's locker or the riches Geraldo didn't find in Al Capone's Vault.

My brother went to Georgia Sat morn. He had a blast but came home tired. I'm glad he's back. I didn't sleep all that well in a quiet house. Keep hearing chains and moans.... worried I was about to have my own version of "A Sherrie Carol."

This morning, DJ JD's station came thru when I drove my brother to work... the station we were listening too was playing a block of Earth, Wind & Fire. It was around 9 or so. His station id-ed itself and then "My Maria" broke through... interrupted my brother singing "You're a shining Star." I'll send the station a thank you note later today. ..lol

Today is lovely...wonderfully lovely with partly cloudy skies and a nice cool breeze.

No comments: