Monday, September 12, 2005

Date with Roger Rabid

Rabid must be my word for today...

My date was mediocre. We went to dinner at a swank restaurant. All during the meal, he kept roger rabbitting on me (he ex's name is Jessica). No matter what topic I introduced, he brought her name up over and over. I finally asked him if we needed another plate setting at the table. He asked 'for who' and I said, 'Jessica.'... which didn't set well with him... but the funny part about it was that he berated me for not having baggage to toss out..said it wasn't normal to be so well-adjusted with my past. The thing is that I do have some baggage-- it's tied down to one make-up case full... it took me a while to get there and I'm not about to drag stuff out of the case just to relate to what he's going through. My God, he's been split with this chick for over 2 yrs. He should be tying up loose ends, not ripping out strips. But I don't think he's ready ...he still needs his 8-piece set... and as dinner ended, I realized I'm not in the mood to tangle a mental troubled 3-some...nor do I have the inclination to superglue him back together...

Do I enjoy his company? Yes I do, when he's not Rabidding. His humor is dry and he is a very straightforward type of guy...no nonsense. He balances out my silly jokes and seems to appreciate them.

I don't really want a heavy duty relationship. What I prefer is to have a special friend for activities, both sexual and non-sexual. Someone who enjoys things I do and is secure with all aspects of themself.

When the date was over, I didn't invite him in. He didn't press the issue. Said he would call sometime soon and left... I didn't fret over it. And have no plans too do so.

Then... Sunday while at Walmart-vegas, in my Scoob baseball cap (I did make sure to wear a pink top with denim shorts and pink flipflops), David appears. I wasn't paying attention to the people around me. I was looking at greeting cards and felt a hand on my arm. He was with his daughter and her fiance. We talked for a moment and he said, "Take care of yourself." I smiled and said something witty...like.. "Ok."

Later I was perusing the hairspray selection and I heard "Bye Sherrie."...it was him again. He was standing at the opposite end of the aisle. I said, "Goodbye." I barely looked up from the can I was reading the label of.

If he calls, I may go out again.. or I just may have to stay in and wash my hair or something. It will all depend on my mood of the moment... and where he wants to take me.

;)

1 comment:

S.S. said...

You picked up a can of hairspray and read the label? :) I normally just look (from the aisle) for a can that says 'Extra Strong', reasonably affordable and just grab it.