Monday, September 19, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factoryby Roald Dahl




The audio book ...

The lastest movie version follows the book faithfully, except for Mr. Depp's portrayal of Willie Wonka--Depp's WW doesn't like children and a history of life is added to the movie.

The audio book is wonderful...a total delight. It is read by Eric Idle .. yes, from the Monty Python fame. He did a fantastic job of bringing life to the characters. I laughed out loud a few times. It didn't put me to sleep at all and I was sad to hear it in. The audio book is unbridged and over 3 hours on 3 CD's. There is a sequel to it called Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. I think that will be my next venture into the world of Roald Dahl.

If you get a chance to listen to the audio book... please do. It is so worth it.

No comments: